Welcome to Mount Royal Farms

by Kristina on May 1, 2011

Post image for Welcome to Mount Royal Farms

Changing our world, one egg at a time.

Here we will chronicle the adventures of a group of friends and neighbors and their efforts at raising chickens, vegetables and other things related to urban farming.

These are the first baby chicks, about 4 weeks old. So far there are four Americaunas, two Barred Rocks and one Golden Comet.

{ 17 comments }

Christopher H May 2, 2011 at 11:45 am

KJ, Thanks for starting this!! We are thrilled that you are sharing in this wonderful adventure. It has been such a wonderful experience watching as our little girls grow and grow. They are now getting used to sitting on our hands and this morning our Golden Comet actually pecked the top of my head. She is the largest and the most tame. We are having so much fun being the guardians of these beautiful little girls. Today we are building the new holding box for the girls so they can have a perch and a bit more room to run around a flap their wings.

admin May 2, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Chris- I am so excited to be able to help out in any way I can! I can’t wait until the girls get big and start laying!

Jenn @LeftoverQueen May 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

So cool! Great community project! :)

jude May 6, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
😉

Christopher H May 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Thanks Jenn. This is a labor of love. This is life changing on so many levels and it is just the beginning. Everyday those girls are touching my heart. With each new feather and each new characteristic that they display I become more proud. this website has now been view by dozens of my friends and family. Please stay tuned for more posts.

Chris

Jenn @LeftoverQueen May 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean! For us it started with a small garden and laying hens – now we have 2 goats, 2 sheep and are getting 25 chicks in a few weeks that we are raising for meat…it just goes on and on and on! I am so excited for you guys!

jude May 6, 2011 at 1:05 pm

THIS IS AWESOME CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ON EVERTHING!!!!!!!11

jude May 6, 2011 at 1:06 pm

JUST MISSIN CHRIS

jude May 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm

WILL YOU CALL ME TODAY AT AROUND 8:30 THX

Deano May 9, 2011 at 7:09 am

Chriso;
What a wonderful enterprise. As you might know I was raised most of
my young life with a pen full of chichens (about 50 or so at any give time).
Fresh eggs every day, had a rooster, so we had baby chicks comming every
couple of months. Just a great project. As ususal, you do a superb job with
everything you do. Excellant, you make me proud everyday. Alto cinco Chriso.

Christopher H May 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Thanks Daddy. We are all having a great time growing these girls.

jude May 9, 2011 at 1:07 pm

c u at 4 yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! whtz ^ chris

Deano May 9, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Chichens???????I think it’s chickens.

Mary May 10, 2011 at 9:43 am

Chris,
Website looks wonderful. I hope your Chickens and YOU have a wonderful time together. What a great enterprise! I want some of those fresh eggs, when the girls start laying. Mary

Christopher H May 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Mary. You will be one of the first on the list.

JUDE May 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm

HELLO WHAT IS UP WITH THESE CUTE LITTLE CHICKENS

Christopher H May 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Hey Jude. The chickens are getting so much bigger every day. They are jumping right into my hand when I go into clean up their pen. It is awesome to hold them and the are already used to being held everyday. Talk to you soon. Chris

Comments on this entry are closed.

Next post: